if there was one idea i could instill in every person, it would be that every aspect of your life is relative. if you’ve never had to watch someone on their deathbed, you have a very different view of the world around you. if your biggest issue most days is concerning a grade for a class, i hope you can be thankful for that. i never want to discount someone’s problems or worries but these days i can’t seem to take anyone around me seriously. everyone is so damn worried about things that don’t even matter, and the fact that these people are studying to become our future doctors and lawyers scares the living shit out of me.
1 note, December 9, 2013
10 BETTER BODY AFFIRMATIONS
Ami Angelowicz and Winona Dimeo-Ediger (via m-ountainash)
1. Your body is in flux for the rest of your life. Think of your body as fluid instead of static — it’s always going to change. So get comfortable with those changes.
2. No one will love you or not love you because of your body. You are lovable because you’re you, not because your body looks a certain way.
3. The most intensely personal relationship you’ll ever have is with your body. It’s a lifelong relationship that’s well worth investing in and nurturing the same way you would with loved ones.
4. You don’t owe your body to anyone. Not sexually, not aesthetically. Your body is yours. Period.
5. What someone else says about your body says more about them than it does about you. Look past the actual snark to the person who’s saying it, because it’s only a reflection of what they think of themselves. That’s when you’ll see how little power their words have.
6. Your body is not a reflection of your character. It’s a physical home for the complex and wondrous and unique being that is you.
7. Take up as much space as you want. You don’t have to be small, or quiet, or docile, regardless of your physical size.
8. Everything you need to accept your body is already inside you. There’s no book, or diet, or workout routine or external affirmation that you need to feel good about your body right now.
9. Your body is a priority. It’s always trying to tell you things. Taking the time to listen to is of the utmost importance.
10. Wear whatever you want. Your body shape does not dictate your personal style, and fashion rules that say otherwise are wrong. Dress yourself in a way that makes you feel happy and confident and beautiful, because guess what? You are.
You call me a feminist
because I’d like to control my own body.
but for the life of me I can’t understand
why I can’t fill this empty grave of a stomach
or scratch my way to the surfacing pools of my eyes.
I want to see
what everyone else sees in me.
They call me a bitch
because I’ve done too many horrible things
to care anymore
the opinion of sheep.
But you are not a sheep.
And I’m just a sheep
that learned to roar.
Is strength a façade?
or is it truly possess-able?
When the wind knocks at my door
I know it’s only demons
laughing at the smell of fear.
If I could speak my mind
maybe I could change a few hearts.
or maybe reconstruct the holes
guilt grenades blew
right through my own.
But I’ve always had a fear of stages
and my insides just can’t feel
the words anymore.
0 notes, November 13, 2013
I wish I had more time to write how large my heart swells with every breath those I love bare to muster. I suppose for right now, this will have to do, just know you all are never far from thought or heart. You keep me whole and sane. I love you.
0 notes, September 2, 2013
Happy one year to this kid. Whowouldathunkit?
1 note, August 14, 2013